Before I start my “Fifty First Tinder Dates” journey, I wanted to lay down some rules.
- Names may or may not be changed to protect the “innocent.” I mean, how will you know if his name is really Steve or not?
- These dates may have not been “recent” meaning if I post something it doesn’t mean it happened last night or in the past week.
- I’m still working out a format I want to use. Until then, it’s going to be a bit bumpy. Give me a minute to figure out the flow.
- Yes, I will be shortening it to FFTD as well as use my Twitter (@xojmo) account to throw out little random things that have to do with all of my Tinder dates. Please check out #FFTD if you are on the Tweets.
- I never said these dates are going to be exciting. So if it’s lame, don’t complain.
- Also, maybe I’ll write about dates that weren’t the FIRST date. I get ghosted and more even if it’s a second or third date. So I feel like those are apropos.
- Here are my dating rules: I do not invite strangers into my home. I like to meet in public OR at his place. I am safe. Or at least try to be. But things happen. But yeah I don’t want people here. First, I think it’s lazy for the guy to just come by. Like, stop. At least take me out. OR cook me dinner at your house. Anything. I’m here at my place all the time and I’m looking to get the hell out of here. Second, I can guarantee you that if I actually did invite people over here – it would be like a deli counter with numbers at the market: I’d be busy. Especially since a lot of dudes I “date” are younger than me. And they still live at home. And NO they aren’t 19 – they can legit be 28 and they still live at home. Third, some don’t even want to buy me a drink (hey, Joey!) so I don’t bother meeting up with them. So I talk to a lot of guys on Tinder/Text/Snap (I don’t send nudes. FYI) but it never really comes to fruition. I can write about all of that too. Let me know what you want to know. I have no problem sharing.
- Last, I have no idea what I’m doing. But let’s start the ride, shall we?